Sunday, November 11, 2012

DIY Autumn Placemat Pillow

Before I begin sharing my latest project, I want to announce that at the end of September I became a proud new Aunt!  (This is also the reason I have been MIA from my blog.) 

 I'm stopping by tonight to share another placemat pillow that I created for Autumn.  (You can find my past placemat pillow tutorial here.)  


I bought this placemat at Pier 1 Imports for a little less than $4.  (I love the gold trim detail!) Remember to look for double lined placemats if you want to do this project.  This time around I used stuffing to fill the pillow.  I cut the stitching of the placemat to make a small hole (but big enough to fit my hand.)  Then I stuff the pillow and simply hand stitched the hole closed.


The holidays are coming and I am excitedly gathering ideas.  I'm looking forward to sharing more projects in the near future!

Thanks for coming by, 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is such an awesome idea and so inexpensive. How easy is it to find double lined placemats though? Are they common? I've never noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! I haven't had a hard time finding double lined placemats yet. Pier 1 has a lot of pretty ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your support, ideas, and feedback!