Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pine Cone Frenzy

Lately I've been a little pine cone happy (as strange as that may sound)!  It all started with using pine cones as place holders in my previous Thanksgiving post.   Now I'm using pine cones to compliment my holiday decorating! I found my inspiration on pinterest.

DIY Pine Cone Door Hanging:

This is a easy and fast project.  I finished it in about 10 minutes! 

Materials:
Ribbon
Pine cones
Hot glue gun
Scissors

Method: 
1. Cut ribbon to desired length.  (Hold the ribbon from the door hook to see how low you want the pine cones to hang.)  Tie a knot where you want the pine cone positioned.
2. Tie a bow at the knot.  
3. Hot glue the bow to bottom of pine cone.

4.  Trim the excess ribbon on the side not for hanging.

5. Tie all the ribbons you have together and hang.  I used 3 pine cones but you can use more or less.


More pine cone decorating:


Coffee table center piece:
(pine cones, mason jar, epsom, salt, candle)

Mixing glam with rustic: 
(vase, costume jewelry bracelet, pine cone)


What are your favorite holiday decorating tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your support, ideas, and feedback!