Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

I had quite the party weekend!  Saturday was my boyfriend's birthday and we celebrated with a lunch party for the family and an evening party as well! We cooked a lot and I tried a new appetizer that I found on Pintrest. (You can find the original blog post here.)  I love this appetizer because it's healthy, colorful, and delicious!


Ingredients:
Basil
Mozzarella Cheese 
Grape Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinaigrette 

*Wait until right before serving to drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

As I was decorating for the party, I made use of the closed up fireplace brick portion of the wall in my living room.  


Using a ruler, I cut out letters from magazine pages, and hung them on string with clothes pins.


This wall has been my design challenge.  In my ideal world it would be a usable fireplace with a mantle, but what can I do! The brick looks pretty, but I am searching for decor ideas on how to embellish it.  Perhaps I'll hang pictures from the clothes pins.  Any ideas are welcome!!



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your support, ideas, and feedback!