Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring is in the air!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I feel as though I haven't posted in ages!  I have a lot of Spring decor projects on my list and today I finally had the chance to get a few done.  I made a trip to Michael's to get material to make a Spring wreath.  I was inspired by this picture on Pinterest.

Materials
grapevine wreath
faux flowers


wooden initial
ribbon
hot glue gun















Process
Cut off branches of the silk flowers and faux berries (leave the stems long for the weaving)
To your liking, insert the pieces onto the wreath by weaving them through the branches
Attach the initial using hot glue
Tie a piece of ribbon vertically around the top of the wreath (hide the knot in the back)
 Lastly, slip a longer piece of ribbon horizontally under the first ribbon loop to create a hanging hook

Voila!


You can make this simple wreath too! For me, picking out which flowers to use was the longest part.
Tomorrow I'm going to share the second project I completed! 

Until then,

Pin It

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your support, ideas, and feedback!