Saturday, January 14, 2012

White Bean and Mushroom Stew

Brr, it feels like 23 degrees outside!  Today I spent the day indoors doing some cooking and baking as well as winter decorating and reorganizing.  I'm going to share this delicious stew recipe that I tried today.  It's from Real Simple magazine and has left my apartment smelling so good! 

White Bean and Mushroom Stew
Serves 4 to 6
Ingredients:
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, diced 
1 carrot, pealed and diced
1lb cremini mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup white wine
1 28-oz can whole tomatoes, pureed in a blender

1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 cups cooked white beans (or 1 16oz can), drained
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Method:
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Cook onion, celery, and carrots until tender, about 8 minutes.  Increase heat to medium-high, add mushrooms, and cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. 
2. Deglaze with wine, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon.
3. Add tomatoes, rosemary, beans, and 1/2 cup water.  Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve with a drizzle of oil. 

Mmm, doesn't it look good?!
I was surprised by how fast this was to make!  How do you like to spend your winter days? 
Stayed tune this week; I'm going to share some of my winter decor projects/ideas.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your support, ideas, and feedback!